Here at Ravensworth, we’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment. From innovative packaging and sourcing carbon-neutral and eco-friendly papers, to minimising and recycling our waste, we’re dedicated to doing good for our planet.
We promote green products to our customers where possible, to enable them to make informed choices when it comes to their print.
We look for innovative solutions to help us reduce waste, like reusing ink cartridges and investing in print technology that saves paper.
We're a zero to landfill site. 95% of our waste is manufactured back into recycled products and the remaining 5% is converted into Refuse Derived Fuel.
Thanks to a little bit of eco-friendly thinking, you can print with peace of mind.
We will be continually developing and adding to our eco range so if you have any ideas you’d like to discuss, we’re all ears.
We are committed to:
How paper is processed is an important part of protecting the environment, as chemicals and waste used in many bleaching processes can be harmful.
The materials in all of our paper products (not just our eco range) are from sustainable sources and chlorine-free.
Our eco range of recycled papers are not only composed of 100% post-consumer waste fibres but are also non-carcinogenic, reprotoxic and mutagenic (which in short means they’re not harmful to the environment).
They’re all papers you can feel good about using.
Standard petroleum-based inks are harmful to the environment.
So across our eco range, we use soy or vegetable-based inks that still produce beautiful vivid images, but they’re easier to remove during the post-consumer recycling process.
One of the biggest sources of waste in the printing industry is the packaging. Shipping boxes and protective packaging are necessary for getting our products safely to our customers but that doesn’t mean they can’t be eco-friendly.
We use recyclable cardboard boxes where possible and our mailing bags are made from low-density polythene which is 100% recyclable.
Our business cards are also now packaged in recyclable cardboard boxes as standard, using recycled card, vegetable-based inks and water-based glue.
We’re serious about reducing our impact on the environment and have made a number of changes to reduce our own carbon footprint, making our products and processes more sustainable.
Recycling, reducing and reusing waste
We recycle all our ink cartridges and we pour 95% of our waste back into other recycled products. The remaining 5%, we convert into refuse-derived fuel (RDF), an alternative energy source that has the potential to eliminate the endless flow of waste products into landfills.
That means we recycle every scrap of our paper trimmings, cardboard, slips or excess.
Building good partnerships
We will only work with suppliers that have similar environmental policies and goals as our own.
All of our paper is certified either by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) or the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). This means that there are strict standards in place to ensure that our paper is sourced responsibly.
The global print industry is one of the most sustainable industries in existence. With the right processes in place, paper is the ultimate renewable resource and digital printing techniques enable us to reduce excess energy consumption and waste.
We’re a Forest Stewardship Council® Chain of Custody certified business, which means you can trust us to deliver better outcomes for forests, people and markets – today and for future generations.
This certification means that we’ve been monitored and evaluated on our environmental performance. This includes how we manage and process our waste and efficiently use our resources.
This certification is the internationally recognised standard for Quality Management Systems. It means that time after time, you can reply on us to provide the best standard of print and service.
Call us on 0191 917 9331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can fill out the below form and we’ll get straight back to you.